The Career Foundation’s Military to Civilian Career Transition program is delivered by professional Career Consultants with over 24 years of military experience and active service. Let us show you how to get recognized by key decision makers!
About the Program
The Career Foundation’s ‘Military to Civilian Career Transition Program’ has been specifically designed to help members of the Canadian Armed Forces make the successful transition from military service to the civilian job market.
The program is designed to produce fast results and uses ‘Solution Focused Employment Counselling’ techniques to help you identify the right career path that helps you get the job you want. Whether you’re looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company in the city, or to secure a job that balances the needs of your professional and personal life, we can help!
The Military to Civilian Career Transition program consists of the following three stages, which will be delivered at your convenience.
- Stage 1: Career and job exploration
- Stage 2: Developing your personal brand
- Stage 3: Job search techniques and job placement support to assure rapid employment
What You’ll Learn & Program Benefits
The three-stage training package will equip you with the tools and connections you need to make a smooth transition from military to civilian employment. These include:
- Understanding and mastering the transition process;
- Career assessment and planning;
- Developing high quality self-marketing tools;
- Using LinkedIn and other social media effectively in your job search;
- Utilizing military experience to tap into the hidden job market;
- Targeted networking with employers;
- Practical interview preparation;
- Connections to military friendly networks;
- Workplace culture and job retention.
Qualified veterans and survivors can have their full program costs covered by submitting an application to the Veteran Affairs Canada Career Transition Services Program.