About the Youth Job Link Program
The Youth Job Link (YJL) program helps young people aged 15 to 29 plan their careers, prepare for the labour market and connect to job opportunities. In some cases, YJL will also offer individual supports and employer incentives to offset the costs of on-the-job-training, new employee orientation and other hiring-related costs.
If you’re 15 to 29 years old and need help planning your career and/or moving from school to work, you can access the following YJL services at any of The Career Foundation’s Employment Ontario Full Suite Centres, available year-round:
- Information on career options to support career decision-making and improve your knowledge of career options and today’s labour market.
- Advice on how to build the life skills you need to successfully plan and manage a career.
- Opportunities to learn about teamwork, customer service, health and safety, and labour rules.
- Help with résumé writing, searching and applying for jobs, and preparing for interviews.
- Assistance with matching your skills and interests with employers that have job opportunities.
To qualify for YJL, you must be 15 to 29 years old, and you can be in school or not. To use the job-matching service, you must also reside in Ontario, be eligible to work in Canada, and have no previous work experience. You can be matched with all types of employers!
Employers, you can receive support hiring young people through the program. For instance, we can assist with placing job advertisements and match you with suitable job candidates.
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact:
Yenna Hua, Project Coordinator
The Career Foundation