About The Youth Job Connection Program
The Youth Job Connection (YJC) program provides year-round pre-employment and life skills training as well as job placement support and mentoring to youth.
The program aims to help youth who are:
- 15-29 years of age;
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- Not attending school full-time, and experiencing multiple barriers to employment.
Employers can receive help in: identifying their human resource skill requirements; matching of position/workplace needs to participants’ skills, capabilities, interests and experience; support for developing on-the-job training plans; monitoring of placements; and retention services in order to support long-term success!
The YJC Program Provides:
- Comprehensive pre-employment training and job search services;
- Job matching;
- Paid job placements with supports for participants, and hiring incentives for employers;
- Placement monitoring and retention support;
- Mentorship and networking opportunities;
- Education and work transitions supports;
- Information and Referral to other employment and community services.
For more information or to book an appointment, please call (416) 235-1091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Job Connection (YJC) Summer Program
Additionally, our YJC Summer Program will provide summer job opportunities and part-time job placements during the school year to help multi-barriered high school students, aged 15 to 18, make positive educational and career choices. The focus will be on those facing challenging life circumstances and are at-risk of experiencing poor transitions between education and work.
For more information or to book an appointment, please call (416) 235-1091 or email email@example.com.